Interesting links, week 49, 2023
Interesting telco/tech news for this week:
- The Network Effect of Telecommunications Vulnerabilities for Location Disclosure: a very good high level view of the security landscape of current cellular network, with concrete example.
- Field Testing Vodafone UK’s Samsung Open RAN 5G Deployment: Youtube’s video from Peter Clark on Samsung’s deployment of OpenRAN in Vodafone UK. Go to 2:13 for Network Signal Guru screenshots on the 5G NSA flavor. 10Mhz on B20 + 50M on N78 makes like a bit under 500 Mbits/s.
- EE supremo Marc Allera is the boss who keeps dialling up his ambition: EE is launching an ID provider alongside a strategy to sell consumer electronics.
Found a couple of nice links this week on the Internet:
- Freeradius 4.x alpha: Brings DHCP and TACACS+ support to the existing Radius server.
- fastgron: tool to transform json into a grepable output.
- my apple watch life: a feedback on using the Watch9 as a main daily driver. I have to say I really enjoy going out only with the LTE watch, especially with the long duration of the Ultra model.